- Listed: January 31, 2015 8:37 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Car insurance is a major expense for many households, but it’s important to have. A good car insurance policy is essential when trying to get back on the road after an accident. So what should you look for when shopping for car insurance? Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
When insuring a teenage driver, save money on your car insurance by designating only one of your family’s vehicles as the car your son or daughter will drive. This will save you from paying the increase for all of your vehicles, and the cost of your car insurance will rise only by a small amount.
When considering auto insurance for a young driver, be sure to consider your options as far as whether or not to include them on your policy or to get them their own policy. Depending on your current rates and history, it may or may not be beneficial for them to be included on your plan.
You may be able to avoid having to pay for costly rental car insurance if you complete the rental transaction using a credit card that provides coverage. Be sure to read the fine print in your credit card agreement as the offerings can vary between cards. In most cases you’ll have to do the entire rental transaction on the same card to keep from voiding the coverage.
Do not try to claim your car is worth more than it really is. It’s tempting to think that in case of an accident you might end up with a check larger enough to go out and buy that luxury car you’ve always wanted. It doesn’t work though because insurance companies only pay the fair market worth of your car, not what you claimed it was worth.
Before shopping for car insurance, make sure you assess your coverage needs. Although there may be tons of options at your disposal, not all make sense. However, if you own a valuable car and fear that you might get into an accident one day, obtaining collision coverage could give you peace of mind.
Purchase a high quality “safety-rated” vehicle to get lower premium rates. These vehicles are known to be the safest on the market, so insurance companies will give you a bit of extra credit if you are driving one. Look for sedans and family cars, as they are usually the ones with the best ratings.
If you recently got married, providing that you and your spouse have the same carrier, you may want to consider combining your spouse’s policy with yours or vice versa. Doing so can net you significant savings because you will be lumping two individual policies into one multi-vehicle policy, on which many carriers offers a discount.
Know the laws in your state concerning auto insurance. In almost every state, car insurance is compulsory. You can face stiff fines and penalties for not carrying adequate car insurance. Some states are even known to jail repeat no-insurance violators. Educating yourself is important so that you can comply with the laws.
Hopefully this article has provided you with some useful tips you can take into the process of obtaining auto insurance and come out on top. With so many variables and types of coverage, it’s a wonder any of us ever find ourselves the right insurance, but with a little investigating and the helpful advice you have read here, you can get the best cover at the right price.
483 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Cindi Cuellar
- Member Since: October 12, 2014
Other items listed by Cindi Cuellar
- Strategies On How To Get Good Car Insurance Rates
- Never Pay Too Much For Car Insurance When You Use These Tactics
- When It Comes To Car Insurance Try These Tips
- Helpful Hints For Anyone Needing Car Insurance Coverage
- How To Choose The Best Car Insurance
Popular Ads Overall
- Omg! The Best Aol My Account Sign In Ever! (24423 views)
- 6 Tips For Using Citibank Credit Cards Payment To Leave Your Competition In The Dust (22594 views)
- Secrets Your Parents Never Told You About City Bank Login (21766 views)
- Want to Know More About Download Music On Itunes? (14371 views)
- 7 Ways Twitter Destroyed My Aol Guest Sign In Without Me Noticing (13136 views)
- 10 Simple Tactics For Paypal Account Uncovered (10826 views)
- Netflix Sign In Account Can Be Fun For Everyone (10603 views)
- Paypal.com Login Secrets (9362 views)
- Why Everyone Is Dead Wrong About Sign Hotmail Inbox And Why You Must Read This Report (8163 views)
- Cracking The Gmail.com Login Secret (7004 views)